Cleansing Your Crystals
- The Moon: The full Moons energy will gently cleanse and re-charge your crystals! Place your crystals either outside or on a windowsill when there is afull moon. The full moon energy lasts for 3 days; the day before, the day of and the day after, you can let your crystals soak up all three days or just one day depending on how long you feel is needed.
- The Sun: The Sun has a powerful energy that will cleanse and re-charge your crystals. Be aware that some crystal will fade if left out in the sun for too long, for those that do you can place them in the sunlight either during sunrise or sunset when the rays aren’t as strong. Place your crystals either outside or on a windowsill for a few hours or as long as you feel is needed. (Amethyst, Ametrine, Aquamarine, Citrine, Celestite, Fluorite, Opal, Turquoise are examples of crystals that fade in the Sun)
- Smudging: Smudging cleanses and removes negative energy from crystals and the environment around them. Using either a stick or loose sage, hold your crystal over the smoke, slowly rotating so that the crystal is immersed in the smoke for 30 seconds or as long as you feel is needed.
- Water: Water can be a quick way to energize your crystals. Hold your crystals in running water so that each side is cleansed, it is preferred that the water be natural and untreated by chemicals. You can also place your crystals in a bowl of water for a few hours, again natural water is preferred, i.e water from the rain, rivers, lakes or well water. Be aware that some crystals should not be cleansed with water; Desert Rose, Selenite (Gypsums), Tourmaline, Himalayan Salts, Calcites.
- The Earth: The Earth offers a grounded energy and gives a powerful charge to your crystals, especially those that are connected to Earth energies! Bury your crystal in a garden, outside, or in a potted plant for as long as you feel is needed. You can also place your crystals just on top of the soil.
(If burying your stones make sure to mark where you’ve buried them so that they don’t get lost!)
It is important to cleanse and re-charge our crystals regularly as they absorb negativity and unnecessary energy from not only ourselves but from the environment they’re in as well. Cleaning your crystals regularly will ensure they’re functioning at the highest vibrational level for its use, keeping its intention clear.
Note: Every crystal is different, it is recommended to do a bit of your own research on how to cleanse each one of your crystals specifically and to develop a relationship with them to feel out what it is that works for them.